Table of Contents
- AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps certification.
- No specific prerequisites; AZ-104 or AZ-204 for the Expert Badge.
- Valid for 1 year, renewable with a free assessment.
Dive into Azure DevOps mastery with AZ-400. No prerequisites, dynamic skills, and a renewable certification for an elevated DevOps career.
Planning to become a Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert? This blog post covers crucial details about the AZ-400 certification, including weightage, course content, exam duration, and more. DevOps professionals proficient in Agile practices are required for this exam.
Exam Details: Microsoft Azure DevOps (AZ-400)
- Certification Name: AZ-400: Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Pre-requisite: No specific prerequisites, but clearing AZ-104 or AZ-204 is required for the DevOps Engineer Expert Badge.
- Exam Duration: 150-210 minutes
- Number of Questions: 40-60, including one lab with approximately 10 subtasks
- Passing Score: 700 out of 1000
- Exam Cost: USD 165.00
- Validity: Certifications are valid for 1 year; renewal is possible through a free assessment on Microsoft Learn.
Exam Languages: English, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Proficiency in Agile practices.
- Ability to design and implement DevOps practices for version control, configuration management, build compliance, release, and testing using Azure technologies.
- Expertise in streamlining delivery through optimization, automation, and strategies for application code and infrastructure.
Type of Questions:
- Single-choice questions (based on a scenario).
- Single-choice questions.
- Multiple-choice questions.
- Arrange in the right sequence type questions.
- Case studies with multiple questions.
Learning Path For AZ-400 Certification:
Candidates need a strong understanding of combining processes, people, and technologies for continuous delivery, along with familiarity with Agile practices in software development.
1) Configure Processes & Communications (10-15%):
- Configure activity traceability and flow of work.
- Configure collaboration and communication.
2) Design & Implement Source Control (15-20%):
- Design and implement a source control strategy.
- Plan and implement branching strategies for source code.
- Configure and manage repositories.
3) Design & Implement Build & Release Pipelines (40-45%):
- Design and implement pipeline automation.
- Design and implement a package management strategy.
- Design and implement deployments.
- Design and implement infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Maintain pipelines.
4) Develop a Security & Compliance Plan (10-15%):
- Design and implement a strategy for managing sensitive information in automation.
- Automate security and compliance scanning.
5) Implement an Instrumentation Strategy (10-15%):
- Configure monitoring for a DevOps environment.
- Analyze metrics.
Complete [AZ-400] Microsoft Azure DevOps Guide Hands-on Lab:
Performing hands-on labs is the best way to prepare for the AZ-400 certification. Activity guides include registering for an Azure DevOps free account and various tasks related to Azure DevOps.
Examples of Scenario Based Questions:
- Liteware Case Study: Addressing problems faced by a company with 70 branches.
- Contoso Case Study: Answering questions based on deployment scenarios described in a table.
- CI/CD questions for .NET, Node.js, and Java applications.
Exam Retake Policy:
- First attempt failure requires a 24-hour wait for a retake.
- Second attempt failure necessitates a 14-day wait.
- Maximum of 5 retakes in a year.
Who This Certification Is For:
- Individuals with non-technical backgrounds involved in selling or purchasing cloud-based solutions.
- Those with a technical background validating foundational knowledge around cloud services.
The AZ-400 certification enhances skills and demonstrates expertise to employers, setting you apart in the industry.
What are the AZ 400 Exam Prerequisites?
Are you interested in becoming a Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert? The AZ-400 exam is your key to unlocking this prestigious title. But before you dive into the world of DevOps, it’s important to understand the prerequisites for taking this exam. In this blog post, we will explore the eligibility requirements, registration process, and tips for preparing for the AZ-400 exam. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting out on your Azure journey, this guide will help you navigate the path toward success. So let’s get started and discover what it takes to earn your stripes as an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert!
The Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert certification, represented by the AZ-400 exam, is designed for professionals aiming to demonstrate their expertise in implementing DevOps practices on the Microsoft Azure platform.
While there are no strict prerequisites for taking the AZ-400 exam, candidates are expected to have a solid understanding of various technical concepts and practical experience in DevOps and Azure environments.
The AZ-400 exam, also known as the Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions exam, is designed for professionals who want to demonstrate their expertise in implementing DevOps practices using Microsoft Azure technologies. This exam measures your skills and knowledge in various areas related to continuous integration and delivery, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and more.
To successfully pass the AZ-400 exam, you need to showcase your understanding of key concepts such as source control management, application development processes, deployment strategies, and monitoring techniques. Additionally, you should be familiar with tools like Azure Repositories, Azure Pipelines, and Azure Artifacts.
This certification validates that you have the necessary skills to effectively collaborate with development teams and implement DevOps practices within an organization. It demonstrates your ability to automate workflows efficiently using Azure tools while ensuring high-quality software delivery.
Preparing for the AZ-400 exam requires a combination of hands-on experience working with Microsoft Azure technologies and studying relevant documentation. There are numerous online resources available that can help you augment your knowledge and practice your skills through sample questions or mock exams.
On exam day itself, make sure you arrive well-prepared with all necessary identification documents. The test format typically includes multiple-choice questions along with some scenario-based tasks that require practical problem-solving skills. Remember to manage your time wisely during the examination so that you can answer all questions thoroughly.
In conclusion(Only use this phrase here), passing the AZ-400 exam is an excellent way to validate your expertise in implementing DevOps solutions using the Microsoft Azure technology stack. By demonstrating proficiency in these essential areas of modern software development practices combined with cloud computing capabilities from Microsoft’s platform offerings like Azure DevOps cost will unlock new opportunities for career growth!
To take the AZ-400 exam, you need to meet certain eligibility requirements set by Microsoft. These requirements are designed to ensure that candidates have the necessary skills and experience to successfully pass the exam.
It is recommended that candidates have at least three to five years of hands-on experience working in a DevOps environment. This includes experience in areas such as source control, continuous integration, and delivery, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and deployment methodologies.
Candidates should also be proficient in using Azure tools and services related to DevOps practices. This includes knowledge of Azure Repos for version control, Azure Pipelines for continuous integration and delivery, Azure Boards for project management and tracking, and Azure Test Plans for testing applications.
In addition to these technical skills, candidates should also possess strong problem-solving abilities and good communication skills. Being able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams is crucial in a DevOps role.
By meeting these eligibility requirements before taking the AZ-400 exam, you can ensure that you have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience needed to succeed on this certification journey.
How to Register for the Exam?
Registering for the AZ-400 exam is a straightforward process that can be done online. To begin, you will need to visit the official Microsoft website and create an account if you do not already have one. Once logged in, navigate to the certification section and search for AZ-400.
After finding the AZ-400 exam page, click on it to access more information about the exam. Here you will find details such as exam objectives, format, and duration. Take some time to review this information carefully and ensure that you meet all the prerequisites before proceeding with registration.
Once you are confident that you meet all eligibility requirements, click on the “Schedule Exam” button. You will then be prompted to choose a date and time for your exam. Microsoft offers flexible scheduling options so that you can find a slot that works best for your schedule.
Before finalizing your registration, make sure to double-check all of your personal information and payment details. Once everything looks good, simply submit your registration and wait for confirmation from Microsoft.
Preparing for any certification exam requires dedication and effort but registering should be a simple task thanks to Microsoft’s user-friendly interface! So don’t delay – take that first step towards becoming an Azure DevOps Engineer Expert by registering for the AZ-400 exam today!
Preparing for the AZ-400 exam requires a strategic approach and dedication. Here are some key steps to help you ace your preparation:
- Understand the Exam Objectives: Familiarize yourself with the exam objectives provided by Microsoft. These will give you a clear idea of what topics and skills you need to focus on during your preparation.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that outlines your daily or weekly goals. Break down the topics into manageable chunks, allowing sufficient time for revision and practice tests.
- Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as official Microsoft documentation, online tutorials, books, practice exams, and video courses. Utilize these resources to gain in-depth knowledge about each topic.
- Hands-on Experience: It is crucial to have hands-on experience with Azure DevOps services and tools covered in the exam syllabus. Set up your own lab environment or utilize free trial accounts offered by Microsoft.
- Practice Tests: Take advantage of practice tests designed specifically for AZ-400 exam preparation. These simulate the real exam environment and help you assess your readiness.
- Revise Regularly: Regular revision is essential to reinforce concepts and identify any gaps in understanding. Review your notes frequently and use flashcards or mind maps as visual aids.
Remember, success in any certification exam requires consistent effort over time rather than last-minute cramming sessions! Stay focused, stay motivated, and keep practicing until you feel confident enough to tackle the AZ-400 exam head-on!
What to Expect on Exam Day
On the day of your AZ-400 exam, it’s natural to feel a mix of excitement and nerves. After all, this test is an important step in your journey toward becoming a Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert. To help ease any anxiety and ensure you have a smooth experience, here’s what you can expect on exam day.
Make sure you arrive early at the testing center to allow time for check-in procedures. Bring along two forms of identification, one with a photo and signature. Once checked in, you’ll be assigned to a computer station where the exam will take place.
During the exam, expect to face around 40-60 multiple-choice questions that assess your knowledge and skills related to various Azure DevOps topics such as implementing continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD), managing source control, configuring infrastructure as code (IaC), and more.
You’ll have approximately 150 minutes to complete the exam. Use this time wisely by carefully reading each question before selecting your answer. Remember that there may be multiple correct answers or scenarios provided for each question – choose the best option based on your expertise.
Throughout the test, remain focused and manage your time effectively so that you can answer all questions within the given timeframe. Don’t spend too much time on difficult questions; instead, mark them for review later if necessary.
Once you’ve completed all the questions or run out of time, click “Finish” to submit your responses. You’ll receive immediate feedback regarding whether you passed or failed the exam. If successful – congratulations! You’re one step closer to earning your certification!
In case of an unfortunate outcome where you don’t pass the AZ-400 exam on this attempt – don’t worry! Take some time to reflect on areas where improvement is needed before scheduling another attempt.
Remember that preparation is key when it comes to succeeding in any examination setting like AZ-400 – so make sure to study thoroughly, practice with sample questions, and gain hands-on experience
The AZ-400 exam is a valuable certification for professionals who want to demonstrate their expertise in Microsoft Azure DevOps. Before taking the exam, it’s important to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements and have sufficient knowledge and experience in areas such as source control, continuous integration and delivery, infrastructure as code, and more.
To register for the AZ-400 exam, visit the official Microsoft Certification website or contact an authorized testing center. Keep in mind that there may be a cost associated with taking this exam, so it’s essential to plan accordingly.
Preparation is key when it comes to passing the AZ-400 exam. Take advantage of study materials provided by Microsoft or consider enrolling in training courses specifically designed for this certification. Additionally, practice exams can help you familiarize yourself with the format and level of difficulty you can expect on test day.
When it’s time to take your actual exam, make sure you are well-rested and prepared mentally. Follow all instructions provided by the testing center staff and take your time answering each question carefully.
Earning your AZ-400 certification not only validates your skills but also opens up new opportunities in cloud-based development operations. Stay updated on industry trends and continue expanding your knowledge to stay ahead in this rapidly evolving field.
Remember: success doesn’t come overnight! With hard work, dedication, and a solid understanding of Azure DevOps principles, you’ll be well-equipped to tackle the AZ-400 exam successfully!
So start preparing today! Good luck on your journey towards becoming an Azure DevOps expert!